Here are some useful resources for commuting by bike in the DFW area. If you know a resource or link that should be added, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Biketrans — the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) site for information about combining your bike commute with with travel on DART buses and trains.
- Commuting Forum of the Dallas Off-Road Bicycle Association (DORBA) — includes a great list of maps for commuting routes in Dallas and other local cities.
- Bike Friendly Oak Cliff — a great site/blog with articles and news about commuting and other bicycle issues in Dallas with a focus on the Oak Cliff neighborhood.
- Fitness section of the Dallas Morning News — a recent article about communting in Dallas.
- City of Dallas Bike Plan — a new Bike Plan for Dallas was adopted in June of 2011
- TryParkingIt.com — the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) site for alternative commuting
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Transport — the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) site for bike commuter information.
- DFW gears up for more trails, more cyclists — a 2007 Dallas Morning News article summarizeing efforts in the DFW area to increase bicycle commuting.
- Austin on Two Wheels — the online magazine of Austin cycling culture. Not Dallas, but full of useful information from the only city in Texas with the "Bicycle Friendly" designation from the League of American Bicyclists.
- Commute by Bike — a national organization with tips, news, reviews and safety for bike commuters.
- My Commute Sucks — a national grass-roots effort to influence Congress to build stronger, safer communities with smart transportation investment.
Why Ryan Leach Commutes by Bicycle
Back to: DFW Cycling